Dalhousie Studen Union Building
6136 University Ave, Halifax, NS (Google Maps)
Traveling from within Halifax
- By Car - Major intersections near venue include: Robie St, South St, Oxford St and Coburg Rd.
- By Bus - Halifax Transit #10 "Dalhousie Via Spring Garden", #42 "Dalhousie", #41 "Dalhousie", #17 "Saint Mary's & Lacewood Terminal", #14 "Scotia Sq via Saint Marys & Leiblin Park", #1 "Spring Garden to Bridge Term & Spring Garden to Mumford Term", #7 "Clockwise to Robie & Counterclockwise to Gottingen", #18 "Universities & Lacewood Terminal", #90 "Water St via University Ave & Larry Uteck via Bedford Hwy", #80 "Downtown via Spring Garden & Sackville Terminal", #81 "Downtown via Spring Garden & Hemlock Ravine"
Traveling from outside of Halifax
- By Car - Highway 103 (Halifax-Yarmouth), Highway 101 (Bedford-Yarmouth) and Highway 102 (Halifax-Onslow) will all get you to downtown Halifax.
- By Train - The Via Rail train station is located at 1161 Hollis St, which is a 25 minute walk from the venue or a 5 minute bus ride. Bus stop is located on the corner of Barrington and South St (stop #6097), take bus #7 "Clockwise to Robie". Exit bus at stop #8187 Robie St/ University Ave. Bus runs at least every 20 mins.
- By Bus - The Maritime Bus terminal is located at 1161 Hollis St, which is a 25 minute walk from the venue or a 5 minute bus ride. Bus stop is located on the corner of Barrington and South St (stop #6097), take bus #7 "Clockwise to Robie". Exit bus at stop #8187 Robie St/ University Ave. Bus runs at least every 20 mins.
- By Plane - The Halifax Stanfield International Airport (YHZ) is located in Enfield, aprox 30 mins away from the convention.
Metered parking in downtown Halifax is FREE ON WEEKENDS and there are many metered parking spots located directly on Dalhousie's campus (note: these meters are monitored by Halifax Regional Municipality and not Dalhousie Campus). There also is parking available off South St, close to the venue.
Hotel and Accommodations
York Redoubt Park
300 Fergusons Cove Rd, Halifax, NS (Google Maps)
Halifax Transit bus #15 "Purcells Cove" is the only transit bus that travels out to York Redoubt. It leaves Mumford terminal and runs every hour. Many furs meet together at Mumford Terminal and bus together to the BBQ! The park is easily accessible by car with a large parking lot.